- Baboon Metaphysics
- The 2009-2014 World Outlook for 60-Milligram Containers of Fromage Frais
- Curbside Consultation of the Colon
- The Large Sieve and its Applications
- Strip and Knit with Style
- Techniques for Corrosion Monitoring
Books that came close but didn’t make the cut are Excrement in the Late Middle Ages and All Dogs Have ADHD.
Previous winners include The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America: A Guide to Field Identification and People Who Don’t Know They’re Dead: How They Attach Themselves to Unsuspecting Bystanders and What to Do About it.
The winner will be chosen through an online vote at thebookseller.com and will be announced March 27.
On another note, I was both happy and sad to hear that Australian novelist Harry Nicolaides, 41, had been released from a Thailand jail and pardoned for defaming the country’s monarchy . . . in a novel. I was happy that he was free; I was sad to learn that the novel for which he was jailed . . . sold only seven copies.